You may have noticed that I haven’t posted for awhile. At least, I hope you noticed. 🙂 Several things have hit the fan at once and I’ve been shoveling for the past couple of months. I know, I’ve been shoveling for the last couple of years, but this was more and I’ve had to shovel faster. I do have several posts I’ve been working on, so hopefully I will get back to regular posting now. We’ll see how that goes.
Last post I told you about the snowpocalypse and how I hadn’t crawled out yet. I didn’t really understand why until I talked to my therapist about it. She said that when you’ve been running on empty for awhile, even if you’ve begun to replenish your reserves, something like that can knock you flat on your ass into a deeper crater than you were before. So that happened. And then a bunch of other things, some good, some not so good…
Okay, see, like right now. I have allergies that seem to come on whenever the weather changes and I’ve started having occasional hot flashes. Those things seem unrelated, right? Except that my head is stuffy, my throat is so clogged that I can barely talk, and a few minutes ago I started sweating and now I’m shivering. Do I have the flu or is it just a hot flash on top of my allergies brought on by the crazy weather we’ve been having. I’m exhausted, but what else is new. So how am I supposed to figure it out? And then what am I supposed to do with that information?
The other things that have happened include:
- Firing our ABA consultants;
- Hiring a fabulous new ABA program manager and ABA home therapist;
- Fun toileting issues with BeBop that I won’t elaborate on;
- BeBop graduated from OT and started vision therapy at a new place;
- Vision therapy requires homework five days a week and BeBop is not thrilled with it;
- With all the changes going on, BeBop has had some behavior regression, including, but in no way limited to, gnawing on our coffee table;
- BamBam started speech therapy (at the same time/place as BeBop’s vision therapy, which helps me);
- BamBam is doing much better in school;
- BamBam, who used to enjoy the bus, is not pleased with the fact that his regular morning bus driver has been MIA for almost two months now and we’ve had at least three rotating substitutes – a very distressing fact for kids on the spectrum who insist on ROUTINE. He now begins screaming before we walk out of the house and continues until after the bus drives away (his teachers tell me he’s fine once he gets to school). Once on the bus, he runs to the back and throws himself on the floor by the window while the kid in the wheelchair stares at him and the girls in the back seats laugh at him. Good times.
- Setting up a group blog with some friends (whateverybettysaid.com)<–Gone after 2014
I’ve had a lot of fun working on the group blog and, in the process, decided to move this blog off of wordpress.com and onto my own domain. Since the domain name can be whatever I want, provided it’s available, I’m going to change that too. When I started this blog, it was about the weightloss, but since then it has morphed to encompass my broader life experience, so I think destination 140 is too narrow for it now. I thought about it a lot and finally settled on Life with the Quirky Boys. That name shows that the focus of my life right now is mainly on my quirky boys, including Sparky, but that it still starts with me. It’s still my life that I’m sharing with my wonderful, and wonderfully quirky, boys.
So it’s LifewiththeQuirkyBoys.com. I’m not sure yet when I’ll make the shift, but I’ll announce it here first.